Made with Love

Is there a Technogeek Forum?

C

Cycleguy007

I couldn't find one... so I'll post my query here. My apologies to The Dean if I overlooked it.

I have a Sony Grand Wega KDF-60WF655 big screen... the other day it went dark. :eek: In my research I have discovered it may be something as simple as replacing the projection lamp...

Anyone have any experience in purchasing and installing one of these things?? :?: I'm thinking an on-line purchase might be the best route and installing it myself...

Lemme know. :???:

L

lagavulin

Cycleguy007 said:
I couldn't find one... so I'll post my query here. My apologies to The Dean if I overlooked it.

I have a Sony Grand Wega KDF-60WF655 big screen... the other day it went dark. :eek: In my research I have discovered it may be something as simple as replacing the projection lamp...

Anyone have any experience in purchasing and installing one of these things?? :?: I'm thinking an on-line purchase might be the best route and installing it myself...

Lemme know. :???:

These folks sound like they know what there talking about.
https://www.highdefforum.com/rear-projection-tvs/67634-problem-sony-wega-kdf-e60a20.html
Then again on the internets everyone is an expert, dont cha ya know

The consensus was replace the bulb as the first step, i.e. cheapest

For myself, I have no clue, I just googled it.

C

Cycleguy007

lagavulin said:
These folks sound like they know what there talking about.
https://www.highdefforum.com/rear-projection-tvs/67634-problem-sony-wega-kdf-e60a20.html
Then again on the internets everyone is an expert, dont cha ya know

The consensus was replace the bulb as the first step, i.e. cheapest

For myself, I have no clue, I just googled it.
Thanks Laggy, I Googled it too... this is how I discovered it was most likely the projection lamp. Was just wondering if the membership might have some personal info to share.

I guess I did ok... if my lamp lasted 5 years.

M

Mongo

Lamps have a finite lifespan as you'll probably find in your research. Some TV's have a menu that will give you the amount of hours used but you would probably have to reset this if you replace the lamp. I'm assuming these lamps are the same type as projection lamps for PC's in their replacement procedure and expense.

Dean will follow up with you on a decision with respect to a new foum.

L

lagavulin

Mongo said:
Dean will follow up with you on a decision with respect to a new foum.

Holy Shit, a Mod being nice and helpful and not banning you.
Are you really cycleguy007 ?

This board makes me feel like a fucking refugee just out of a DP camp and suddenly there is food and water in abundance with people smiling and not sniping, not sure how to deal with it :cry:

This ain't your grandfather's review board.

About this Discussion

6 Replies
2K Views

HUBGFE Community

HUBGFE is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom