Made with Love
Hot Pink List
Toronto Tryst

“I’m just following what the Lord told me to do.

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.

Lorenzo

Joined Oct 14, 2010
Messages 709
Did he also tell you being fired was part of the plan :-Cool/"

If you got pulled over by Indiana State Trooper Brian Hamilton, there's a chance you would have gotten a ticket … and a sermon. And, state police officials say, it was Hamilton's penchant for proselytizing that cost him his job, the Indianapolis Star reports.

He was fired Thursday after being on desk duty since January. Hamilton, a 14-year veteran of the department, has been sued twice in the past two years for asking citizens he'd stopped whether they had accepted Jesus Christ as their savior. "Oh well," Hamilton tells WTTV. "I'm just following what the Lord told me to do. So if the Lord tells me to speak about Jesus Christ,

I do. And that's why they fired me, so that's where we're at."

In a statement, per WCPO, state police Superintendent Doug Carter says citizens and police officers alike enjoy freedom of speech and religion, but "there are appropriate and proper restrictions placed on agents of the state related to their actions while engaged in their official duties."

A civil rights attorney tells WTTV that questioning people about religion during a traffic stop is "inherently coercive." In 2014, Ellen Bogan and the ACLU sued Hamilton after he asked her during a traffic stop whether she had a home church and had accepted Christ, and then handed her a religious pamphlet.

She said she felt she could not leave and had to answer his questions, "even though I had my warning." A similar incident in January prompted another lawsuit. Another state police official says Hamilton would have gotten the ax "regardless of any legal action initiated" recently by the ACLU.

oldguyzer

Reviewer
Joined Jun 19, 2011
Messages 15,082
Blaming God again...why can't people take responsibility for their own actions?

Joined Sep 10, 2015
Messages 1,482
I don't care about the God talk. I don't like how he is stealing from Motorists by writing questionable tickets.

God talk won't hurt anyone. Ticketing people really fucks them up.

God

Joined Oct 3, 2015
Messages 7,814
I warned him not to be too pushy, think he listened :no:

About this Discussion

5 Replies

CAERF Community

CAERF is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom