Made with Love

Blank_Dave

Reviewer
Joined Jan 6, 2010
Messages 1,780
I'm tired, and I don't mean the "get your ass to bed" tired. Just tired.

I get like this about this time every year. Anyone else? What do you do about it?

I go to work, go to the gym, go to bed...And I'm still tired. I've got no interest in guitar. My war gaming stuff, I have half a mind to just take it to the local store, drop it off and walk out.

And before anyone suggests sex, I really don't feel like driving to TO, about an hour, of Stump to do his Usian Bolt impersonation and finish in under 10seconds.

T

The Voice

Sounds like the beginning of depression. Like you feel tired of the routine, tired of your life it is. It's a dangerous slope. Try to find something that sparks an interest.

Sophia Sinclair

Advertiser
Joined Dec 5, 2017
Messages 193
I was a bartendress for some years and heard many a 'tear in the beer' story. When I first began I used to offer advice but I quickly realized that most don't want a solution to their problems, they just want to hear themselves complain, so I stopped paying them attention. I bet you I could enter those places and find the same individuals telling the same stories.

Like Admiral and his father say, what are you going to do about it? I can tell you to up your Vitamin D by taking a supplement or go tanning (light therapy) as it helps combat SAD
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder, which is what I think you are describing, but it's up to you to do something about it. Excel makes a valid point as well, what exactly are you looking for by coming on here and telling us about it? If you truly want results I really think you should go you your GP and discuss it with them.

Last edited:

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,614
Dave it is Season Affective Disorder.........You need more sunshine....either work outside during the day 3 , 4 days a week of tan for 30 minutes per week.........That will set you straight in a couple of weeks.

Blank_Dave

Reviewer
Joined Jan 6, 2010
Messages 1,780
Dave it is Season Affective Disorder.........You need more sunshine....either work outside during the day 3 , 4 days a week of tan for 30 minutes per week.........That will set you straight in a couple of weeks.

Well tanning is out for me. The big skin C runs in my family. My sister had, what were they called, precancerous spots removed from her face. My uncle had skin cancer on his face, and my dad had melanoma. Plus I'm I'm fair skinned and can burn in minutes. Even my doctor said it's not a good idea.

I'm already doing about 2000 units of vitamin D.

I'm not coming here for a pat on the back and a "there, there." I'm looking for "been there, done that, have you tried..."

Yes, exercise is good for depression...And I'm in the gym six days a week. And before you say it, it's a program designed to be six days a week.

Yes, I'm already on happy pills. IIRC 90mg of Cymbalta, and 300mg of Welbutrin. No, I don't feel like doing more.

Maurice Boscorelli

Joined May 30, 2010
Messages 19,322
Well tanning is out for me. The big skin C runs in my family. My sister had, what were they called, precancerous spots removed from her face. My uncle had skin cancer on his face, and my dad had melanoma. Plus I'm I'm fair skinned and can burn in minutes. Even my doctor said it's not a good idea.

I'm not coming here for a pat on the back and a "there, there." I'm looking for "been there, done that, have you tried..."

Yes, exercise is good for depression...And I'm in the gym six days a week. And before you say it, it's a program designed to be six days a week.

Yes, I'm already on happy pills. IIRC 90mg of Cymbalta, and 300mg of Welbutrin. No, I don't feel like doing more.
You could try light therapy.
Seasonal affective disorder treatment: Choosing a light box - Mayo Clinic

Most of the studies I have read Dave using vitamin D use the dosage of 3333 iu's per day. I use 4000 iu's myself.

LadyJacklyn

Advertiser
Joined Sep 2, 2017
Messages 442
What is your gym routine? Make sure you are doing activities that will increase endorphins (more intense cardio, less low impact things like lifting for example). If you do suffer from SAD like the above suggests you may want to look at the brain chemistry itself and how to change it, foods that boost serotonin may help too (dark chocolate, st johns wort tea). And just doing some adrenaline filled activities, go indoor go carting with your boys, in door rock climbing, or check out that bad axe throwing place (looks like so much fun).

In any case, best of luck and just a few more weeks til Spring, huzzah!

demien3k5

Joined Mar 24, 2017
Messages 1,239
I was a bartendress for some years and heard many a 'tear in the beer' story. When I first began I used to offer advice but I quickly realized that most don't want a solution to their problems, they just want to hear themselves complain, so I stopped paying them attention. I bet you I could enter those places and find the same individuals telling the same stories.

Like Admiral and his father say, what are you going to do about it? I can tell you to up your Vitamin D by taking a supplement or go tanning (light therapy) as it helps combat SAD
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder, which is what I think you are describing, but it's up to you do something about it. Excel makes a valid point as well, what exactly are you looking for by coming on here and telling us about it. If you truly want results I really think you should go you your GP and discuss it with them.

I'm with you Sofia. Every day above ground is a blessing. Stop moaning about your life, and get out and really live it before it's too late. So many others never get the chance - don't be a waste of a life.

Sophia Sinclair

Advertiser
Joined Dec 5, 2017
Messages 193

Then how can we help you?

As a former psych major I can tell you that taking an antidepressant isn't enough. It's not a magic pill. It should be combined with therapy to help you understand what is happening with you and to change negative thinking patterns that are leading to the depression. I've watched my biological mother go on and off antidepressants for the last 15 or so years since I've known her. She refuses to get any counselling because she doesn't believe in it or think that she needs it but clearly the pills alone aren't working. It's her self defeatist attitude due to a hard life that is the problem. Change the thinking and you won't need any medication.

If you don't want to do therapy try an alternative approach like what's offered by this lady
https://sheilahill.ca/ and others.

Sorry if I seem harsh but coming on here won't change a thing. I've viewed your posts over time and they're always very cynical or despondent. Time to try something new or nothing will change!

HOOHAS

Joined Oct 6, 2014
Messages 190
Dave. I've been in your shoes before and at times I get depressed but was fortunate enough to find a friend with the same syndroms. We call each other every time we get into one of those moods and helps out.

SillyGirl

Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,246
The light therapy would probably help. As would an adjustment in meds.

But you don't sound like you want to do either, so just ride it out. Spring will get there eventually.

About this Discussion

25 Replies
2K Views

HUBGFE Community

HUBGFE is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom