Made with Love
Playmates Toronto
Cupid Escorts
  • Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.

SillyGirl

Queen of Boots and Cupcakes
Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,250
Yesterday I was complaining about missing a great party in Toronto, and this led to conversation about how my bridge-fear is causing me issues in getting across the border. It's those Grand Island bridges, I could give myself a panic attack just thinking about driving over them.

It was suggested that perhaps hypnosis might be helpful, but I'm unsure. I tried it years ago to quit smoking, twice in fact, and well I have to have a cigarette now cause I'm thinking about those bridges.

Has anyone had success with hypnosis to treat phobias?


 

randygirl

Well-known member
Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
rustyblade said:
Hypnotherapists have found that all normal people are hypnotizable to a greater or lesser extent. Subjects with less than a 70 I.Q. generally can't be hypnotized.

Read on very interesting.

https://www.articlesbase.com/altern...s-the-simple-truth-about-hypnosis-519946.html


But no offense meant to SillyGirl by that statement, right? lol

SG, you should try CBT , or cognitive behavioral therapy (NOT cock and ball torture! <--Although that might be fun too!).

I suggest finding a cognitive behavioral therapist. They can help you get over your fear, and have pretty good success using their techniques.

CAMH can help you find a good one in your area!

CBT rules! lol
 

SillyGirl

Queen of Boots and Cupcakes
Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,250
rustyblade said:
Hypnotherapists have found that all normal people are hypnotizable to a greater or lesser extent. Subjects with less than a 70 I.Q. generally can't be hypnotized.

Read on very interesting.

https://www.articlesbase.com/altern...s-the-simple-truth-about-hypnosis-519946.html


:lol:Thank you, it was very interesting.

and, um, c'mere....i have something for you... :slap:

:tongue:

randygirl said:
SG, you should try CBT , or cognitive behavioral therapy (NOT cock and ball torture! <--Although that might be fun too!).

LOLOL, that would be the perfect therapy right now. :)
 
B

Beenthere123

Guest
:lol: Good one Rusty but we all know Sillygirl has a higher IQ than 70, right Sillygirl. :???:

Here lets test her, what is 2 + 3 =_______
 

jiiimmm

Senior Member
Joined Jun 2, 2010
Messages 40
hypnosis is a great way to relax, teaches you to go deep within yourself and clear your mind but as for changing behavior...sorry not in my opinion. I use the learned techniques to relax when stressed at work but it never worked to change bad habits.
 

SillyGirl

Queen of Boots and Cupcakes
Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,250
jiiimmm said:
hypnosis is a great way to relax, teaches you to go deep within yourself and clear your mind but as for changing behavior...sorry not in my opinion. I use the learned techniques to relax when stressed at work but it never worked to change bad habits.


Well it obviously didn't help my smoking behavior, but I was thinking it might help me not panic on the bridge. I always focus really hard on controlling my breathing, but it would be helpful to be able to shut my mind off.

 
Joined May 4, 2010
Messages 191

Thats "Stains - the cupcake dog!"

Some people are susceptible and others are not.
If you ever have the chance go see a guy named "Tony Lee" He bills himself as a XXX rated hypnotist. He's hilarious.
I am not susceptible to Hypnosis and have an IQ of a little more then 70!
It didn't help with my smoking but I got a killer nap out of it.. I have a recording of the session and you can hear me snoring in the background!
 

jiiimmm

Senior Member
Joined Jun 2, 2010
Messages 40
Yeah, just like Greekster, when i control my breathing and deeply relax, i can fall asleep in seconds and have a killer nap. As long as your not driving you should be able to get over the 2 bridges if you go into a relaxed state. How do you manage over the French or Moon River bridges between Toronto and Sudbury? They're not quite as large but they are high.
 
K

KathrynBardot

Guest
randygirl said:
CBT, all the way!
I'm a firm believer in CBT. Systematic desensitization (or exposure therapy) really helped with one of my phobias.
 
K

KathrynBardot

Guest
Friend of Greekster said:
I hope you didn't have a "Ithyphallophobia"!
:lol:Could you imagine??

Quite the opposite, I'm pleased to say, hehe. My phobia was needles - I'm cured enough that blood draws aren't that big of an ordeal, but still phobic enough that I'll never be a hardcore drug user. :party:
 

SillyGirl

Queen of Boots and Cupcakes
Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,250
jiiimmm said:
Yeah, just like Greekster, when i control my breathing and deeply relax, i can fall asleep in seconds and have a killer nap. As long as your not driving you should be able to get over the 2 bridges if you go into a relaxed state. How do you manage over the French or Moon River bridges between Toronto and Sudbury? They're not quite as large but they are high.


Riding over bridges isn't a problem, I just close my eyes. That's just not a good option while I'm driving.

I drive Boston-Rochester pretty regularly...out near Albany is the BigScaryBridge. You can go around it if you don't mind adding some time and traffic to the drive, but for years I made myself drive over it. A few years back I had actually gotten to the point where it didn't bother me too much.

Then I didn't do the drive for over a year, and the next time I did it was like I had never driven over it before. Then last year my life imploded, and I decided I was stressed out enough without dealing with the bridge, and the last few times I haven't even considered going over it. One time I almost missed the exit that avoids it, and just the thought was so scary I don't know that I'll ever drive over that bridge again.

Thank you for all the input and suggestions, and I'll let you know how it goes when I drive over Grand Island. Unless you've already seen it on CNN. :shock::shock:
 

About this Discussion

13 Replies
5K Views

CAERF Community

CAERF is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom