Made with Love
Emma Alexandra Page
Pure Pleasure Spa

How, when, why and where did you start your own business?.

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.

ThePunisher

Joined Aug 24, 2013
Messages 217
This classic one had me thinking.

Fanofdrake

Joined Jan 1, 2015
Messages 95
Most think they will succeed on their idea and business plan but the fact is that 80% of all new businesses fail after 6 months. Better to work for someone and avoid the the aggravation, headaches and trying to worry when and how you can pay your rent, employees, employment deductions, taxes and non fixed expenses.

JJ Mitchell

Joined Nov 13, 2012
Messages 662
I also started from my basement, not my mother's. Doing over 200,000 in sales so far and growing fast. It wasn't fun, little time to eat and to play but worth the sacrifice.

Jessica Rain

Advertiser
Joined Aug 12, 2014
Messages 1,234
Awesome ad!!!!

And very true. I started in a women's shelter after being homeless and pregnant.

From there, business grew and changed with the time and my situations happening in life.

Owning my own business saved me. I have always relied on myself to make money.

Prim0

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Messages 10,859
This classic one had me thinking.

Most think they will succeed on their idea and business plan but the fact is that 80% of all new businesses fail after 6 months. Better to work for someone and avoid the the aggravation, headaches and trying to worry when and how you can pay your rent, employees, employment deductions, taxes and non fixed expenses.

Very true! It's not for everyone to run a successful business. They may have the idea but not the business acumen.....or maybe they are good business people but terrible when it comes to generating ideas. Maybe they just don't have good people skills. It takes a great deal to make it.

That's why it pisses me off when the left in this country bitches about big business and how they wouldn't be anywhere without labor. Bitch please! Anyone can provide labor......it's the people with the ideas and business skills who build up the company from that garage to something that can employ thousands of people that would otherwise just be sitting there staring at a wall. Obama and Fauxcahontas liked to talk about how the business owner "didn't build that"....what? Of course they built it. Bell, Ford, Gates, etc. built it all. They had the ideas. They worked and sacrificed to improve the products so that more people could afford them and want to buy them. Government didn't do shit to help....all it does is put in roadblocks for them to overcome. Regulations telling them they can't do it this way or they must do it without hurting any trees. Then when they succeed, they tell them they have to give up so much of their profits to the government. The roads and utilities....those weren't built by government.......the government just used some of the taxes to pay a private company to build the roads and lay the pipes and wires. And the workers again, demand more for less work all the time. As if any of them could go out and start a rival company. As if any of them came up with the assembly line or the microchip. And where do the employees learn the skills the do contribute? Even with college degrees, most businesses will tell you that they have to train employees at every level. It's such a crock of shit.

Want to be the rich business owner/exec. You're going to have to provide something of that kind of value. You need to have the idea. You need to sacrifice the time in years of lost sleep, lost time with family, lost frivolities, etc. And you have to take the risk. Are you going to put every dime you have into that new idea? Are you going to borrow against every possession you have to prove that you have the better mouse trap? Many people lose it all trying to make it to the top.....yet some ass who gives about 20 hours of labor but takes his 40 hrs of pay a week, who doesn't always make sure that everything he produces is up to spec, who comes to work hungover and leaves early every chance he gets thinks he deserves so much more pay....thinks he could run the company better. It's such a bullshit.

I know I am not one of those who has the idea or the work ethic required to "make it" to the top. I'm happy and humble that I've found a position where I can contribute and feel I'm fairly compensated for it. If you aren't in that spot, figure out a way to increase your skill set, or adjust your expectations. Barring that, quit your bitching about how much more you are worth and how you aren't getting your fair share and go out and make it happen. Nobody is just going to hand it to you.

end rant.

LukeSrm

Joined Mar 29, 2021
Messages 3
Trusting your capital to banks is not a good idea at all. Because banks are interested in profit only, they are interested to give you a loan at the highest rate possible. Therefore, every starting company have to hire a factoring company because they are interested to support your business rather than getting the benefit. For example, government contract factoring might be useful for you because along with assistance with business credit decisions, it helps small businesses expand the horizons of the sales.

Last edited:

LillianNorth

Joined Jun 17, 2021
Messages 3
Well, I think that this is a no-answer question until you settle down all the details. When I first started learning about leadership, I was frustrated by the lack of information out there about effective leadership training. I wanted to know everything, so I could lead better. So last year, when my sister was able to attend one of Prendo - the world's most advanced leadership simulations classes, it motivated me to learn even more and pass along what I'd learned. Now, I am quite ready to start my long dreamed coffee shop business in town.

Last edited:

About this Discussion

9 Replies
3K Views

CAERF Community

CAERF is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom