Made with Love

Hey Lurkers!

IFUSEEKAMY

Advertiser
Joined Sep 14, 2010
Messages 6,932
I'm pretty guilty of lurking on HUBGFE this year. I've tried to contribute but get disheartened by the increase of threads started by trolls. Am I the only one who feels this way?
Even when the Lobby got inundated with Ratings threads or Word Games in the past, the overall spirit was always a fun, positive one. I don't sense that anymore. A part of me is now almost grateful for the presence of the-place-that-shall-not-be-named cuz it attracted all the negative tedious people and kept them off of here.
Not sure what has prompted the current change, but instead of continuing to lurk, I want to do my part to try and change it.
So.... To those who are lurking: won't you help me? Will you please try to start threads that interest you? Or contribute even a word of thanks to those who do? It'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Amy

JohnLurk

Joined Jun 1, 2016
Messages 31
Hi Amy, well you got me to register. I've been lurking since I found the red board by mistake. I don't hobby but found many interesting threads until flaming and insults became the norm there. The blue board is a joke as I have read many saying the same and by witnessing it myself.

On the part of interesting threads, well there are much more here per ratio than any other boards in mho. The good debates that happen on the red board keeps me going there, can't beat that. Here there are more up to the date news and read many I wouldn't find anywhere else. So much for kissing HUBGFE's butt, lol.

Been lurking for a few years here and eventhough it's demographics changes as more members join it. I still find it fun to cruise the lobby area.

I won't even open threads started by some individuals here for obvious reasons and suggest you do the same.

You do not need to open those as wellas i do knowing who they are.

Just my 2 cents.

Beached

Reviewer
Joined Dec 6, 2015
Messages 1,424
I'm pretty guilty of lurking on HUBGFE this year. I've tried to contribute but get disheartened by the increase of threads started by trolls. Am I the only one who feels this way?
Even when the Lobby got inundated with Ratings threads or Word Games in the past, the overall spirit was always a fun, positive one. I don't sense that anymore. A part of me is now almost grateful for the presence of the-place-that-shall-not-be-named cuz it attracted all the negative tedious people and kept them off of here.
Not sure what has prompted the current change, but instead of continuing to lurk, I want to do my part to try and change it.
So.... To those who are lurking: won't you help me? Will you please try to start threads that interest you? Or contribute even a word of thanks to those who do? It'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Amy
I am not sure what a lurker is but there has been a disturbance in the force. There are those that start assinine hateful threads just to get a reaction and usually they do. I have been sucked into reacting myself. I am sure if they were simply ignored they would go away. If we achieve a critical mass of positive interesting, intelligent threads the cretins will go elsewhere. That being said this is still kind of like the men's locker room and stupid shit will go down. But all in good fun I hope.
I am a wild party.

Beached

Reviewer
Joined Dec 6, 2015
Messages 1,424
I am not sure what a lurker is but there has been a disturbance in the force. There are those that start assinine hateful threads just to get a reaction and usually they do. I have been sucked into reacting myself. I am sure if they were simply ignored they would go away. If we achieve a critical mass of positive interesting, intelligent threads the cretins will go elsewhere. That being said this is still kind of like the men's locker room and stupid shit will go down. But all in good fun I hope.
I am a wild party.
But then again sometimes the juvenile crespucular cretin posters serve the purpose of making even the marginally intelligent look like freakin' geniuses.

IFUSEEKAMY

Advertiser
Joined Sep 14, 2010
Messages 6,932
Hi Amy, well you got me to register. I've been lurking since I found the red board by mistake. I don't hobby but found many interesting threads until flaming and insults became the norm there. The blue board is a joke as I have read many saying the same and by witnessing it myself.

On the part of interesting threads, well there are much more here per ratio than any other boards in mho. The good debates that happen on the red board keeps me going there, can't beat that. Here there are more up to the date news and read many I wouldn't find anywhere else. So much for kissing HUBGFE's butt, lol.

Been lurking for a few years here and eventhough it's demographics changes as more members join it. I still find it fun to cruise the lobby area.

I won't even open threads started by some individuals here for obvious reasons and suggest you do the same.

You do not need to open those as wellas i do knowing who they are.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm so glad you registered a handle on HUBGFE :) Hope you continue to post.

Thank you for such a thoughtful articulate response. Yes I do have plenty on my ignore list and I make sure I do not post in threads created by those I have on ignore.

C

cristycurves

As I've said before my being here was initiated by my eviction from ly--formerly ce--. What keeps me here is the openness allowed. That openness has it's good and bad sides, the bad is many rude and crude posts are allowed, the good, many rude and crude posts are allowed. Censorship is minimal and free speech is allowed without gang ups, at least that is how I see it. The other board was imo a clique and within that clique you either fitted in or you didn't, I didn't so then my opinions weren't welcomed.
The best any of us can do is ignore what we dislike and find distasteful and add to what we find helpful, fun and entertaining. That's what I *try* to do:) All in all I think the overall vibe here is far better than on other boards, especially better than the one led by that kook:)

IFUSEEKAMY

Advertiser
Joined Sep 14, 2010
Messages 6,932
Ignore those handles Ms. Amy and just show us your luscious breasts to keep this thread going :biggrin2:

Thanks Massimo. I nearly didn't recognize you with your new avatar hehe

AGtQEDE.jpg

IFUSEEKAMY

Advertiser
Joined Sep 14, 2010
Messages 6,932
I am a wild party.

Sounds like a good plan! :kissed:

IFUSEEKAMY

Advertiser
Joined Sep 14, 2010
Messages 6,932
But you've been Miss HUBGFE since I can remember. Take it as it is and make the best of it.

I do luv and respect most of HUBGFE's members and all of those who help run the board. I wouldn't be here if not for them and I'm incredibly grateful for that. Thanks for the advice!

IFUSEEKAMY

Advertiser
Joined Sep 14, 2010
Messages 6,932
As I've said before my being here was initiated by my eviction from ly--formerly ce--. What keeps me here is the openness allowed. That openness has it's good and bad sides, the bad is many rude and crude posts are allowed, the good, many rude and crude posts are allowed. Censorship is minimal and free speech is allowed without gang ups, at least that is how I see it. The other board was imo a clique and within that clique you either fitted in or you didn't, I didn't so then my opinions weren't welcomed.
The best any of us can do is ignore what we dislike and find distasteful and add to what we find helpful, fun and entertaining. That's what I *try* to do:) All in all I think the overall vibe here is far better than on other boards, especially better than the one led by that kook:)

Thank you cristy. I truly appreciate the support you give this board by your participation and I know I'm not the only one.

About this Discussion

39 Replies
2K Views

HUBGFE Community

HUBGFE is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom