Made with Love
Mirage Entertainment
Hot Pink List

Gulf Oil spill takes toll on wildlife

  • Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.

randygirl

Well-known member
Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
omg...So, so sad. Makes me want to go there with clean water and dish soap...and start scrubbing.

I hope these bastards pay for this. This is too effed up for words.
 

Hugojoe

Well-known member
Joined Feb 25, 2010
Messages 232
Its a petty very sad to see the suffering. The recession is far from over; Hungary may go bankrupt to join Greece. The Euro is tumbling the market in shambles, our dollar falling again and now the Arabs are going to hike their oil prices at a scary level because of the spill.
 

RayFinkel

Senior Member
Joined Jan 7, 2010
Messages 1,072
 

ralp

Reviewer
Joined May 2, 2010
Messages 106
Cleaning up the massive oil spill is going to cost about the same as the security for the G8/20 :???:
 
C

Cycleguy007

Guest
ralp said:
Cleaning up the massive oil spill is going to cost about the same as the security for the G8/20 :???:
No way...

Its going to cost WAY more, on a number of different levels... monetary values, damage to wild life, ecosystems, fishing industry etc....:cry:
 

randygirl

Well-known member
Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
Cycleguy007 said:
No way...

Its going to cost WAY more, on a number of different levels... monetary values, damage to wild life, ecosystems, fishing industry etc....:cry:

When you factor in the impact on the oceans and ecosystems, it is impossible to assign an monetary value to this catastrophe.
 

Lucas_dude

Well-known member
Joined May 21, 2010
Messages 50
On Tuesday, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder announced that the Justice Department had opened a civil and criminal investigation into BP and other companies involved in the Deepwater Horizon disaster.

Holder's announcement came just hours after U.S. President Barack Obama promised in a 10-minute White House address to prosecute any parties found to have broken the law.
 

randygirl

Well-known member
Joined Jun 3, 2010
Messages 342
Lucas_dude said:
On Tuesday, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder announced that the Justice Department had opened a civil and criminal investigation into BP and other companies involved in the Deepwater Horizon disaster.

Holder's announcement came just hours after U.S. President Barack Obama promised in a 10-minute White House address to prosecute any parties found to have broken the law.

I do not have faith that this will be found to be a crime and be prosecuted...even though what has happened is most obviously criminal.

I can't even look at that picture posted in the OP. It seriously breaks my heart.
 
C

Cycleguy007

Guest
randygirl said:
I do not have faith that this will be found to be a crime and be prosecuted...even though what has happened is most obviously criminal.

I can't even look at that picture posted in the OP. It seriously breaks my heart.
Me too Randy... I am a serious nature lover. Not a tree huger per se, but I LOVE the out doors. Cycling (obviously), canoeing, kayaking, hiking, camping, white water rafting, etc are all a big part of my and Mrs. CG's summer activities (along with the cyclettes of course), but the problem is...

I read somewhere that oil companies have an insurance policy with limits payout to (I think) $750 million (I could be wrong...) when it comes to this sort of thing... which will pale in comparison to the true damage. :cry:
 

billdong

Well-known member
Joined Feb 1, 2010
Messages 278
So far they have funneled about 250,000 gallons of oil in the first 24 hours from a containment cap installed on the well to a drilling ship on the ocean surface. But that's only about 31 percent of the 800,000 gallons of crude federal authorities estimate is gushing into the sea every day.
 

Brocklee

Reviewer
Joined Feb 1, 2010
Messages 298
LONDON (Reuters) - Shares in oil giant BP <BP.L> continued to fall heavily on Thursday, hitting their lowest level since 1997, even as the company said it saw no justification for such a move.
 
Top Bottom