Made with Love
S

Sophia Sinclair

Madman said:
I feel bad for you and the ladies when it comes to screening but the issue is BillC36. The law squarely puts the target on the clients back.

99% of men are not violent johns and don't want to be considered violent bad people the way some indies are acting based on their insistence on screening but I do understand their need to feel safe. I've heard of some very good clients that have been refused services during the screening process by some indies which leaves some of us scratching our heads.

I agree that most guys are decent which is why I don't ask for references, but I do need some info./assurances if only to avoid having my time wasted in the future by same such said person. I realize from previous private sections on boards allowing us ladies to report problematic clients that a client may have behaved very differently with me than with others and vice versa. You also hope that a lady isn't being vindictive or jealous. Other than that I have no explanation why a lady would deny a good client. I'm not greedy as I normally do hh, 45 min. & up app'ts. I run my business the same way I always have but find that there's way more silliness going on, which is frustrating for a provider like myself who isn't overly intrusive or demanding.

Twitter is revealing quite a bit about some of the anti client attitudes we've always suspected from this side of the table. It's sort of puts the shine out of paying for a fantasy anymore because the hatred of men is very obvious from the banter and it's really about the $$$$ which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it shouldn't be so obvious from a marketing perspective.

A prominent member of this board explained this to me a couple of weeks ago. I see your point, but the problem for me is that I feel that backlash towards these types of providers is being directed the wrong way, towards long standing providers such as myself. I appreciate that the tables have turned but I'm doing my best, by not openly advertising services, etc. to protect both sides of the fence. I've had to deal with bitterness over this fact on the part of lazy hobbyists that can't be bothered researching my recommendation/review threads to garner a sense of these things or simply call me to inquire.

Hopefully things will settle down with time!

C

cristycurves

@Sophia Sinclair....sorry I haven't replied to your question sooner, I do find BP very useful and get a lot of very good clients from there. Perhaps it's different from city to city. I'm in Halifax and although I also get some looky loo's, tire kickers and arse holes, most are good clients, at least compared to the other forum I was on, there, more than not, I'd get no shows or cancellations.

I don't understand the paranoia with screening either. I see a lot of high profile gents , executive types, and some blue collar, very seldom do I have a problem with gents not wanting to give me personal details. I'm surprised some ladies don't screen or require the info I do, but that's up to them.

S

Sophia Sinclair

Thank You! I might give BP a try again and maybe get a Twitter account. I'm not one for social media but it looks like that's the way things are headed. Yes, the other forum has a lot of dingleberries on it. Admittedly I don't seem to get as much business from this site as the other (based on booking form answers) but I also don't get hassled by members here, many of which have similar/different handles on that board as well. The atmosphere is much better here!

Madman

Reviewer
Joined Aug 12, 2011
Messages 17,534
I don't believe social media is the way to go because most guys still rely on reviews. You have a handful of whiteknights on Twitter who will try and say differently but these same individual will lurk review boards to find out details while protesting for the "likes" of the sps against reviews.

The top tier agencies are still the ones getting most of the bookings. As a client trying to book a session with Mirage or a TopDrawer it's next to impossible with same day bookings. This tells me most guys are booking with agencies for price and less intrusive screening processes.

Sophia, you seem like a wonderful provider. I wish all had your positive attitude and style!

C

cristycurves

Madman, lurkers aren't a bad thing. Many refuse to join boards because of their rules, members, for discretion purposes or for various other reasons and some just prefer to look and look for various reasons, not necessarily to find out things.
and most rely on reviews?.......Well I'm a provider who thrives and my clientele, for the most part, don't write reviews, nor do they search them out. Some find it demeaning, others indiscreet, others just can't be bothered.There will always be those who are pro review, those who are con and those who are neither. I haven't noticed a shift in gents not wanting to book pre or post c36, I do notice those who tend to object to be screened are usually those with something to hide and that usually isn't a spouse, business, personal info, it's usually something more devious.

S

Sophia Sinclair

I know, in any other context a lurker has a negative connotation to it, but I too have many reg's and meet new clients who don't tend to post very much, if at all. Some providers see a lack of posting history as a bad thing but appearances aren't always what you think. Some lurkers/non posters are active hobbyists and I believe some who post quite a bit actually hobby very little, despite a strong board presence. I won't know if either Twitter or BP work unless I give them a try/retry respectively.

Thank You for the Kind Words Madman!

Top Bottom