Made with Love

Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots...UNBELIEVABLE!

peace

Reviewer
Joined Dec 23, 2010
Messages 29,067
[h=1]Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots[/h]
Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville, Fla., received a 20-years prison sentence, Friday, May 11, 2012, for firing warning shots against her allegedly abusive husband. The judge rejected a defense under Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law. / WETV

• 829 Comments
    /
  • 225K Shares /
  • 8K Tweets /
  • Stumble /
  • Email
  • More +

(CBS News) JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Florida woman who fired warning shots against her allegedly abusive husband has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville had said the state's "Stand Your Ground" law should apply to her because she was defending herself against her allegedly abusive husband when she fired warning shots inside her home in August 2010. She told police it was to escape a brutal beating by her husband, against whom she had already taken out a protective order.
reports that Circuit Court Judge James Daniel handed down the sentence Friday.
Under Florida's mandatory minimum sentencing requirements Alexander could receive a lesser sentence, even though she has never been in trouble with the law before. Judge Daniel said the law did not allow for extenuating or mitigating circumstances to reduce the sentence below the 20-year minimum.
"I really was crying in there," Marissa's 11-year-old daughter told WETV. "I didn't want to cry in court, but I just really feel hurt. I don't think this should have been happening."

Play Video
[h=3]George Zimmerman found not guilty[/h]

Alexander was convicted of attempted murder after she rejected a plea deal for a three-year prison sentence. She said she did not believe she did anything wrong. She was recently denied a new trial after appealing to the judge to reconsider her case based on Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" law. The law states that the victim of a crime does not have to attempt to run for safety and can immediately retaliate in self-defense.
Alexander's attorney said she was clearly defending herself and should not have to spend the next two decades behind bars.
Alexander's case has drawn support from domestic abuse advocates - and comparison to the case of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, who has claimed a "Stand Your Ground" defense in his fatal shooting of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin.

HOOKED

Reviewer
Joined Jul 3, 2013
Messages 1,573
That is nuts, she might as well have killed him. It makes one wonder if North America is really any different than a third world country with a radical regime in charge.

-b

BANNED
Joined Aug 27, 2011
Messages 8,826
I think if she was a white Cuban or white woman then she would have got off...
I even think the State would have not charge her......
Jut my 2 cents...

Brick

Joined Jun 10, 2011
Messages 614
Discrimination everywhere. Nothing should shock you.

Look at this one.

JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON’: BLACK MOB ALLEGEDLY BEATS WHITE MAN IN MOBILE, AL

Screen Shot 20120424 at 82700 AM.png

WKRG today that Mobile, Alabama police are asking for help from the community after Matthews Owens, a white citizen, was beaten into critical condition, allegedly by a mob of black adults.

Owens “fussed at some kids” playing basketball on Saturday night – they were playing in the road. The children reportedly left and “a group of adults returned, armed with everything but the kitchen sink.” They beat Owens with objects including pipes, paint cans, brass buckles, and chairs.

Cpl. Chris Levy of the Mobile Police Department said there were “a ton of people there, but for some reason, not a lot of details were given to investigators that night. Somebody knows what happened.”

Owens’ sister, Ashley Parker, witnessed the events and recounted, “It was the scariest thing I have ever witnessed. They chased him and beat him on the front porch of his residence …

The news won’t touch this story.” She said the group beating Owens was about 20 strong and entirely comprised of black adults. According to Parker, one of them stated, “Now that’s justice for Trayvon” as the group walked away from Owens’ bleeding body.

Owens is in critical condition; according to Parker, he has “bleeding on his brain.”

https://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/04/24/Mobile-AL-Justice-For-Trayvon

thesun

Reviewer
Joined Jul 23, 2012
Messages 1,333
Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots

Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville, Fla., received a 20-years prison sentence, Friday, May 11, 2012, for firing warning shots against her allegedly abusive husband. The judge rejected a defense under Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law. / WETV

• 829 Comments
    /
  • 225K Shares /
  • 8K Tweets /
  • Stumble /
  • Email
  • More +

(CBS News) JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Florida woman who fired warning shots against her allegedly abusive husband has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville had said the state's "Stand Your Ground" law should apply to her because she was defending herself against her allegedly abusive husband when she fired warning shots inside her home in August 2010. She told police it was to escape a brutal beating by her husband, against whom she had already taken out a protective order.
reports that Circuit Court Judge James Daniel handed down the sentence Friday.
Under Florida's mandatory minimum sentencing requirements Alexander could receive a lesser sentence, even though she has never been in trouble with the law before. Judge Daniel said the law did not allow for extenuating or mitigating circumstances to reduce the sentence below the 20-year minimum.
"I really was crying in there," Marissa's 11-year-old daughter told WETV. "I didn't want to cry in court, but I just really feel hurt. I don't think this should have been happening."

Play Video
George Zimmerman found not guilty

Alexander was convicted of attempted murder after she rejected a plea deal for a three-year prison sentence. She said she did not believe she did anything wrong. She was recently denied a new trial after appealing to the judge to reconsider her case based on Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" law. The law states that the victim of a crime does not have to attempt to run for safety and can immediately retaliate in self-defense.
Alexander's attorney said she was clearly defending herself and should not have to spend the next two decades behind bars.
Alexander's case has drawn support from domestic abuse advocates - and comparison to the case of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, who has claimed a "Stand Your Ground" defense in his fatal shooting of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin.

If I knew I was going to be sentenced for a long time, I would have shot the crazy abusive bastard's balls. Let him scream in pain for 5 minutes or so and then shoot both of his knees as he cannot walk off the pain.

About this Discussion

12 Replies
1K Views

HUBGFE Community

HUBGFE is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom