• yes

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • no

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Knight Rider

Joined Nov 14, 2009
Messages 1,471
https://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.ce790ff71ff6bbbca9e18d3940bfe8d9.531&show_article=1

A car insurer has asked a Canadian family to pay for repairing a broken bumper after their dog was struck by the vehicle and died, local media said Thursday.

The traffic accident occurred in March while Jake, a 12-year-old yellow Labrador, was out for his daily stroll around a quiet neighborhood in north of

had let the dog out when she arrived home from work. Moments later, a man knocked on the door to say a car had run over Jake.

"I got to the road and he was dying," Flemming told the "He died in my arms."

Two months later, the family received a bill in the mail for 1,732.80 Canadian dollars (1,648.95 US) from Insurance.
The letter said Flemming had been found responsible for damage to the vehicle. "As such, we are looking to you for reimbursement," it reportedly stated.

dreamblade

Reviewer
Joined Dec 5, 2009
Messages 1,080
I cannot believe you guys! Obviously, none of you has had a dog or a pet. A member of the family for 12 years dies, and you find it acceptable that these bloodsucking insurers charge the dog owners? This is soulless! Why don't they send some State farm employees to piss on the dog's grave while they're at it.

Stop the world, I want to get off. (and I'm taking Becky, Noir, Kareena, Sophia, and Sonya with me).

H

HOF

dreamblade said:
I cannot believe you guys! Obviously, none of you has had a dog or a pet. A member of the family for 12 years dies, and you find it acceptable that these bloodsucking insurers charge the dog owners? This is soulless! Why don't they send some State farm employees to piss on the dog's grave while they're at it.

Stop the world, I want to get off. (and I'm taking Becky, Noir, Kareena, Sophia, and Sonya with me).

Come on now DB. I've had a dog (passed away). I always had him on a leash (Doberman) Short leash in fact. It's not heartless. There is a responsibility on pet owners to manage their pets. If the dog were leashed as it should have been, there wouldn't be this discussion.

dreamblade

Reviewer
Joined Dec 5, 2009
Messages 1,080
HOF said:
Come on now DB. I've had a dog (passed away). I always had him on a leash (Doberman) Short leash in fact. It's not heartless. There is a responsibility on pet owners to manage their pets. If the dog were leashed as it should have been, there wouldn't be this discussion.

Yes, it is absolutely the owner's responsibility, that's not the issue. Accidents happen, and this is what it was. At 12 years, a lab is an old dog, should not have wandered but did, and tragedy struck. Someone at the insurance company made the decision to charge a grieving family for the damage their dead companion caused to the car that struck him.

The decision was completely correct from a procedural standpoint. I'm not arguing this. But this is why we have humans make decisions instead of computers, because there is an empathy factor here, or there should be. Charging the family was inhuman.

I'm surprised and disappointed none of you see it this way.

Scottfree

Joined Mar 23, 2010
Messages 36
dreamblade said:
I'm surprised and disappointed none of you see it this way.

Think they see it that way Dream but most are logical enough to understand and accept insurance brokers have no feelings or hearts. Money and profit taking is their number one concern.

B

Beenthere123

Scottfree said:
Think they see it that way Dream but most are logical enough to understand and accept insurance brokers have no feelings or hearts. Money and profit taking is their number one concern.

Yup sad but true, good one Scott.

Top Bottom