Made with Love

Daily Consumption of Splenda Linked to Leukemia, Study Finds

Maurice Boscorelli

Joined May 30, 2010
Messages 19,322
r1n7eBy.jpg

Yet another study has linked artificial sweeteners to unwanted and dangerous side effects. Watchdog nutrition group Center for Science in the Public Interest has published a study linking daily sucralose consumption with increased risk of leukemia.

Sucralose, more commonly known by its brand name Splenda, is considered a safe additive by the FDA, but this study published in the International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health shows that consuming large quantities of the artificial sugar has serious health risks.

It should be noted that the mice in this experiment consumed the human equivalent of 10 diet sodas per day, which is astronomically more than the average Diet Coke habit and that these findings are the result of a singular study as opposed to scientific consensus. A majority of the Splenda-consuming mice in the experiment developed cancerous tumors, particular leukemia, by the end of their short lives, according to NBC News.
As a result of the study, CSPI urges everyone to stop consuming artificial sweeteners, and instead — when reaching for a diet soda or a regular soda — to opt for water instead.
Which sweeteners can we use? CSPI says the more natural, the better: Think raw honey or real maple syrup.

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,614
While I seldom agree with you on most studies..............I do whole heartedly agree that Honey or Maple Syrup is far better for you than fake or refined sugars

Joined Sep 10, 2015
Messages 1,478
I can draw a correlation between anything. Don't believe me? Consider this:

The majority of Californians are Democrats as evidenced by the voting history in past U.S. Presidential elections. The majority of people in California masturbate on a regular or somewhat regular basis. It can be concluded that masturbation causes Democratic-minded political feelings coming election time.

OR

The majority of Texans are Republican as evidenced by the same election results year-in and year-out. As well as with Californians, the majority of Texans masturbate on a regular basis. Therefore, it can be corelated that masturbation can cause feelings of political Republicanism come election time.

See what I did there? I took two different outcomes and related it back to the same cause, depending on what I wanted to relate it back to.

My point: Everything causes cancer eventually because cancer arrives eventually in some form, regardless of the lifestyle someone leads. What is the original or most predominant cause of the cancer for most people? It varies, but again, everything eventually will lead to cancer because cancer is an eventuality for all of us as we continue to live longer lives.

Joined Sep 10, 2015
Messages 1,478
By the way, drinking too much water each day can lead to death.

If you drink 3 litres of water per day, you can maintain good health.

If you drink 30 litres of water each day, you will will die, most likely.

PUBLIC WARNING: WATER INTAKE LEADS TO HUMAN DEATH.

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,614
MisterAsianLover said:
By the way, drinking too much water each day can lead to death.

If you drink 3 litres of water per day, you can maintain good health.

If you drink 30 litres of water each day, you will will die, most likely.

PUBLIC WARNING: WATER INTAKE LEADS TO HUMAN DEATH.

:shout:

Joined Sep 10, 2015
Messages 1,478
Glyercin, a natural humectant, holds onto water. That is why it is used in hand and body lotion. It keeps moisture on the skin for longer periods of time than water by itself and therefore helps moisturize the skin when applied to a person's body as part of a body lotion application.

Glycerin also reduces the temperature at which water freezes. By reducting the temperature at which water freezes, Glycerin is an anti-freeze agent. Hence, it was used in the past in antifreeze formulas for automobiles.

By using Glycerin-based body lotion formulas - even glycerin naturally dervied from plants - people are putting 'posionous' anti-freeze ingredients on their skin.

See what I did there? Anything can be drummed up to sound dangerous and avoidable.

Transient

Joined Oct 25, 2011
Messages 10,801
papasmerf said:
While I seldom agree with you on most studies..............I do whole heartedly agree that Honey or Maple Syrup is far better for you than fake or refined sugars

Honey or Maple Syrup is not an option for diabetics. Maybe it's time to move on to Stevia.

Top Bottom