Made with Love
Toronto Passions
Elite Ladies

Ciudad Juárez, Mexico: The world's most dangerous place?

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.

Looney

Joined Feb 13, 2010
Messages 91
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/812757--ciudad-juarez-mexico-the-world-s-most-dangerous-place?bn=1

A drug war has turned Ciudad Juárez into a bloodbath. What’s worse, the addition of thousands of police and soldiers has only made the Mexican city more lawless

CIUDAD JUÁREZ , MEXICO—The light is falling, the heat is letting up and gunmen have arrived at the modest house with the concrete front yard where there is a birthday party going on. With quiet efficiency they approach the painted wrought iron gates and begin spraying the adults with bullets. Three men crumple to the ground, dead. Two others succumb later in hospital.
The evening has begun with a massacre, but it’s still early.

Juarez, a city of 1.3 million hugging the border with El Paso, Tex., may now be the most dangerous place in the world — riskier even than Baghdad or Kandahar. This isn’t the favelas of Rio de Janeiro, or Cité Soleil in Port-au-Prince, pockets of danger in a larger whole. In Juárez, it’s everywhere. Here, death is like a Whac-A-Mole game, constantly rearing its head.

I

iceman_dci

Jesus. Thanks Looney. The reporter is a brave soul for getting in the mix and bringing his account to press.

HarrisonF

Joined Feb 13, 2010
Messages 94
Mexico has been bad news for years, I believe over 5 Canadian tourists have been killed last year alone.

B

Borey the Bald

Drugs will do that to people, the most powerful people in Mexico is the drug lords just like in Colombia.

kobe

Joined Mar 23, 2010
Messages 49
iceman_dci said:
Jesus. Thanks Looney. The reporter is a brave soul for getting in the mix and bringing his account to press.

The reporter has to pay his dues and the price of fame might have him killed.

H

HOF

As dangerous as Mexico is, there are still several places that are worse.

B

Beenthere123

HOF said:
As dangerous as Mexico is, there are still several places that are worse.

Yes but they promote themselves as being a tourist attraction. Like Harrison said there has been a few killings too many in their hotel resorts, remember Eddy Greenspan representing the Italian couple that got killed?.

diver12488

Joined Apr 26, 2010
Messages 74
I worked in NM about 30 miles from the border and one of our employees was kidnapped while I was there. (I was only there for a little while as a consultant) He didn't report it to the police because he said the police were in on the crime.

The whole area is a shit pit. I will say that the strip club I went to was pretty damn good though for being in the U.S. (Didn't have the balls to venture into Juárez.) Hooters was pretty good... That was about all there was to do... other than get preteens pregnant. (The city I worked in has the highest rate in the US for preteen pregnancies :eek:)

GDLLover

Joined Dec 8, 2009
Messages 439
BEER said:
Never travel to Mexico, you may not come back. :twisted:

The border towns and in some of the resorts are not too safe, however I found it awesome in Guadalajara, Mexico City and in the central countryside. Just like anywhere though you should avoid the downtown cores at night. These places are relatively safe and lots of fun. OMG the women walking around in GDL are unreal, 50% are hot, seems like theres a high percentage of young ladies or at least looks wise.

Top Bottom