Made with Love

California Police Shoot And Kill Couple Who Were Passed Out In A Car

U

User-E

Prim0 said:
And why is it that every "family" always talks about how their member never did anything wrong in their life, they didn't own a gun, etc? Has anyone ever come along and said, "My brother was a fucking idiot and I'm not surprised at all that he met his end"?

I've often wondered about that too ... Hmmmmmm

Joined Sep 10, 2015
Messages 1,478
Doesnt matter what they did BEFORE in their lives.

If we knew and recorded everything everyone has done in the past, no one would be able to receive a clean reception.

I have used drugs in the past. I have been labelled as having mental health issues in the 1990s. That was 25 years ago. Does that mean the police have the right to shoot me because of something that happened 25 years ago?

My step-mom had an abortion when she was very young. She is 65 years old now. Should she be looked down upon still to this day?

Joined Sep 10, 2015
Messages 1,478
Prim0 said:
I'm not sure what that has to do with this situation?

Perhaps it's the comment about the families defending their misbehaving members?

To explain my comments, I want to say:

Police and those that support police misconduct will often cite a criminal's past behaviour in regards to how they treated that person when they were arrested. I think this is wrong. It gives the police and their supporters an excuse to abuse suspects. Police often use excessive force and they then justify that force by citing a person's PAST behaviour.

My point is that everyone has a past that can be seen in a negative light. But the police should not use excessive force and should APPREHEND an individual and bring them before a judge and a court so that the suspect has a chance to present a defense and protect his liberty.

Top Bottom