Made with Love

BP vows to pay all costs of oil spill cleanup

Hugojoe

Joined Feb 25, 2010
Messages 232
BP says it is "absolutely responsible" for the oil spilling from a blown-out well in the Gulf of Mexico and is vowing to pay "all necessary and appropriate" costs to clean it up.
"It wasn't our accident, but we are absolutely responsible for the oil, for cleaning it up, and that’s what we intend to do," BP CEO Tony Hayward said Monday morning.

Moby Solangi, director of the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies in Gulfport, Miss., said at least 20 dead sea turtles were found on the state's beaches.

Honcho

Joined Feb 25, 2010
Messages 62
Moby Solangi, director of the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies in Gulfport, Miss., said at least 20 dead sea turtles were found on the state's beaches.

That is just the beginning, becoming a total disaster.

B

Beenthere123

Honcho said:

That is just the beginning, becoming a total disaster.

Honcho it already is a disaster.

diver12488

Joined Apr 26, 2010
Messages 74
Bigwillie said:
Question is how long it will take, time is the big key.

I believe I heard "months" today...

There is NO WAY BP is going to pay for all of this!!! Plus, I heard today that there is a strong possibility that if a strong storm hits the area it could send the oil into the "loop" current which would bring the oil spill up the east coast.

Certainly will be interesting to see what happens, and how BP/ The US reacts to the situation.

P.S. Florida announced a state of emergency today as well.

Last edited:

Melike_pussy

Reviewer
Joined May 10, 2010
Messages 575
BP makes $3bn deposit in $20bn relief fund

BP makes $3bn deposit in $20bn relief fund

BP has made an initial deposit of $3bn (£1.8bn) into a $20bn compensation fund for the oil spill, after completing talks with the US Department of Justice, according to BP officials.

"The purpose of the escrow account was to assure those adversely affected by the spill that we indeed intend to stand behind our commitment to them and to the American taxpayers," BP's incoming chief executive Bob Dudley said in a statement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-10917007

Esquire

Joined Jun 30, 2010
Messages 346
I've always argued that they probably budgeted for these kinds of incidents. They never spent the extra money to install safeguards in that past, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some cost/benefit analysis done towards a business decision not to have relief wells in the first place.

RayFinkel

Joined Jan 7, 2010
Messages 1,072
BP - BROKEN PIPE

01KIJ.jpg

Top Bottom