Made with Love

Best and dumbest inventions ever made.

Stan Lee

Joined Mar 28, 2011
Messages 365
The whatever happened to these ideas-inventions thread.

The whatever happened to these ideas-inventions thread.

Post inventions that never made it even if logically they should have. For those that know the answers please say so.

I am interested to know why this one never made it.

Thank you

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,614
I guy I know in Virginia has been playing around with that to power a generator.
He is working towards living off the grid

He is also playing with super heating wood smoke which makes it combustible and can be used to fuel an engine.

the problem with the first one is only some plastics can be used to create what is basically diesel fuel.
Seems that some plastics give off poisonous gas when heated. He tells me walmart bags are perfect for it.

WhiteLion

Joined Oct 16, 2012
Messages 783
papasmerf said:
I guy I know in Virginia has been playing around with that to power a generator.
He is working towards living off the grid

He is also playing with super heating wood smoke which makes it combustible and can be used to fuel an engine.

the problem with the first one is only some plastics can be used to create what is basically diesel fuel.
Seems that some plastics give off poisonous gas when heated. He tells me walmart bags are perfect for it.

You are funny.

Transient

Joined Oct 25, 2011
Messages 10,801
papasmerf said:

WhiteLion said:
You are funny.

There are lots of videos on youtube of guys using the combustible byproducts of burning wood to run motors.
In WWII during the fuel shortages in Germany, there were trucks that were outfitted to run their motors off the
out gassing of wood burning stoves. Just search for "gasifier".

W

Wanker

But why :unknw:

snuggies_a.jpg

God

Joined Oct 3, 2015
Messages 7,795
LOL

Forget 3-D — what audiences really want is to smell a movie. So went the thinking of Mike Todd Jr., who in 1960 funded the ill-fated Smell-o-Vision gimmick, an elaborate system that allowed a film reel to trigger the release of bottled scents that were piped to the audience in sync with pivotal moments in the movie. The only film to make use of Smell-o-Vision was 1960's Scent of Mystery, written specifically with the gimmick in mind. The results, predictably, stunk, and Smell-o-Vision was never used again.

worstinventions_smellvision.jpg

Top Bottom