Made with Love

Are you pro or against abortion?

getwhatuwant

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Messages 9
I am totally pro-choice. As our government should be. I find it incredibly pathetic and embarrassing that our government is not supporting the initiative to contribute to the provision of these types of necessary and basic medical services globally.

How can they recognize the need to provide these services in safe and accessible manners to our citizens but not acknowledge the need to aid in the provision of the exact same, much needed services to the rest of the world?

B

Beenthere123

We have freedom of speech it should be the same for those that want to keep them or try the other route. Its the woman's body and she should do what is best for her.

big.guy_13

Joined Feb 13, 2010
Messages 98
I'm not really sure what I think on the whole abortion issue (disregarding Harper's way of embarrassing our country). I think I am for abortion if that's what the woman chooses, but I think I would want to carry the fetus to term and have it adopted if it were mine the woman was carrying.
Depending on the dynamic, it can't be 100 per cent the woman's call. If there is an 'upstanding' man in the picture, he should have a say.

Duke69

Joined Mar 8, 2010
Messages 72
Dr. Morgentaler

“I have dedicated my life to helping women obtain safe abortions in an atmosphere of compassion and empathy.” You have the right to choose to terminate your pregnancy, safely and legally anywhere in Canada, thanks to the courage and compassion of one man: Dr. Henry Morgentaler.

A Holocaust survivor who graduated from medical school in Montreal, Henry Morgentaler championed the idea that women have a right to control their own sexuality and reproduction. Throughout the 1960s, he challenged the criminal code by providing safe abortions for women in his Montreal clinic. Despite death threats, bomb scares and prosecution by the long arm of the law (including 10 months in jail), Dr. Morgentaler continued to advocate – and administer – compassionate abortion services for all Canadian women.

Finally, on January 28, 1988, the famous “Morgentaler Decision” by the Supreme Court of Canada legalized abortion in this country… 20 years after the visionary doctor opened the first freestanding abortion clinic in Canada. On July 1st 2008, Dr. Henry Morgentaler was awarded the Order of Canada for his commitment to women’s healthcare and his devotion to the cause of “Freedom of Choice”.

Hugojoe

Joined Feb 25, 2010
Messages 232
Taught to never debate politics or religion a no win situation. All I can say, if a woman gets raped and is pregnant she has the right to an abortion. Cannot see it any other way.

B

Beenthere123

Duke69 said:
Dr. Morgentaler

“I have dedicated my life to helping women obtain safe abortions in an atmosphere of compassion and empathy.” You have the right to choose to terminate your pregnancy, safely and legally anywhere in Canada, thanks to the courage and compassion of one man: Dr. Henry Morgentaler.

A Holocaust survivor who graduated from medical school in Montreal, Henry Morgentaler championed the idea that women have a right to control their own sexuality and reproduction. Throughout the 1960s, he challenged the criminal code by providing safe abortions for women in his Montreal clinic. Despite death threats, bomb scares and prosecution by the long arm of the law (including 10 months in jail), Dr. Morgentaler continued to advocate – and administer – compassionate abortion services for all Canadian women.

Finally, on January 28, 1988, the famous “Morgentaler Decision” by the Supreme Court of Canada legalized abortion in this country… 20 years after the visionary doctor opened the first freestanding abortion clinic in Canada. On July 1st 2008, Dr. Henry Morgentaler was awarded the Order of Canada for his commitment to women’s healthcare and his devotion to the cause of “Freedom of Choice”.

I met the Dr. Once and must say a very classy man. Have to respect his dedication and perseverance.

jiggyjiggy

Joined Dec 19, 2009
Messages 632
I have another take on the abortion debate. If it's in the first 3 months I say it's up to the lady but after 3 months of carrying the child then it's just wrong in my mind unless it is for health reasons.

Givemehead

Joined Feb 13, 2010
Messages 187
jiggyjiggy said:
I have another take on the abortion debate. If it's in the first 3 months I say it's up to the lady but after 3 months of carrying the child then it's just wrong in my mind unless it is for health reasons.

You will have a fight with the pro abortion people but in agreement with you.

big.guy_13

Joined Feb 13, 2010
Messages 98
Just to clarify, in case I have been taken the wrong way.
I mean if she's in a relationship with that 'upstanding' man. Ultimately she does have the final say, but he should be allowed to have input.

Now, if you took me the right way, forgive my undue clarifying.

Senor Gomes said:
A-OK with you bro.

diver12488

Joined Apr 26, 2010
Messages 74
The way I see it, you are killing a baby after conception. However, I have no problem with abortions up to birth. (Fallen world, shit happens... whatever)

You may find this article interesting also...

I mean if abortion is okay why not???

Top Bottom