Made with Love

Are you becoming afraid to travel?

bolt.upright

Reviewer
Joined Feb 18, 2014
Messages 1,732
I'm watching CTV news right now and they are suggesting that some people are now afraid to travel due to terrorist attacks. Will you think about it before you travel outside Canada?

About twenty-five years ago my wife and I were planning to travel to Washington DC. A well-meaning relative scared the hell out of my wife, telling her about the crime and suggesting we stay in a hotel with supervised parking lots otherwise we'd be lucky to ever see our car again. After that my wife refused to go. Instead we went to Ottawa and guess what--the licence plates were stolen from my car while in the hotel parking lot. Lol! Probably nothing would have happened in Washington but we'll never know.

I don't think that I would be concerned about travelling, but I'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't go to, say, Manchester right now. And there's still no point in suggesting Washington again, but interestingly enough, she has no issue going to Detroit--we've been there several times. Every music fan should experience the Motown Museum, and you can spend an entire day at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn.

ralp

Reviewer
Joined May 2, 2010
Messages 106
I was scheduled to take a flight 9/11, obviously cancelled.

But I took the next available.

There is no way to stop a suicide bomber, so don't worry about it.

nntsci

Reviewer
Joined Jul 15, 2016
Messages 752
not really, I travel as part of my job... last year Nevada and Lisbon Portugal... This year so far Calgary and an upcoming trip to Portland Oregon. There is always a risk in travel, but I'd rather take that risk then sit at how complaining. Cheers.

Jessica Rain

Advertiser
Joined Aug 12, 2014
Messages 1,231
I have thought about this and there are now places that I will not travel based on the terrorism going on. Thankfully I have traveled most of Europe now, so most of my TDL locations are not targets for attacks at the moment.

LTO_3

Reviewer
Joined Dec 19, 2009
Messages 841
Personally I'll wait until the current Covid issue is under much better control. Less worried about terrorists than the current world wide Covid issue. Heck I've waited this long what's a while longer. LOL

LTO_3

About this Discussion

14 Replies
2K Views

HUBGFE Community

HUBGFE is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom