Made with Love
Elite Ladies

Are you becoming afraid to travel?

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.
Joined Feb 18, 2014
Messages 1,734
I'm watching CTV news right now and they are suggesting that some people are now afraid to travel due to terrorist attacks. Will you think about it before you travel outside Canada?

About twenty-five years ago my wife and I were planning to travel to Washington DC. A well-meaning relative scared the hell out of my wife, telling her about the crime and suggesting we stay in a hotel with supervised parking lots otherwise we'd be lucky to ever see our car again. After that my wife refused to go. Instead we went to Ottawa and guess what--the licence plates were stolen from my car while in the hotel parking lot. Lol! Probably nothing would have happened in Washington but we'll never know.

I don't think that I would be concerned about travelling, but I'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't go to, say, Manchester right now. And there's still no point in suggesting Washington again, but interestingly enough, she has no issue going to Detroit--we've been there several times. Every music fan should experience the Motown Museum, and you can spend an entire day at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn.

LarryB

Joined Jan 21, 2014
Messages 794
Last I heard, most people die from a car crash than an airplane one.

T

TFZL1

I wouldn't travel anywhere in the Middle East or Africa
but id still like to go to Europe

God

Joined Oct 3, 2015
Messages 7,814
Odds are greater of getting zapped by lighting than being on a plane crash.

Anything else you all want to know?.

Joined Feb 18, 2014
Messages 1,734
I was thinking more about terrorism at your destination than crashes, but I hear you!

SillyGirl

Queen of Boots and Cupcakes
Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,250
I'm traveling this weekend, by air. Dreading the whole flying experience, and I am finding myself more apprehensive about it than I usually am.

ralp

Reviewer
Joined May 2, 2010
Messages 106
I was scheduled to take a flight 9/11, obviously cancelled.

But I took the next available.

There is no way to stop a suicide bomber, so don't worry about it.

SillyGirl

Queen of Boots and Cupcakes
Joined Apr 7, 2017
Messages 7,250
Did your plane land safely :-Cool/"

It did, thank you. Considering the crowds, it all went remarkably well.

I did have an "oh shit" moment in my head when I saw the young mom with the 18mo in the two seats next to me, but the kid turned out to be hilarious so it was pretty fun. :Dancing:

nntsci

Reviewer
Joined Jul 15, 2016
Messages 754
not really, I travel as part of my job... last year Nevada and Lisbon Portugal... This year so far Calgary and an upcoming trip to Portland Oregon. There is always a risk in travel, but I'd rather take that risk then sit at how complaining. Cheers.

Prim0

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Messages 10,859
The probability of being involved in a terrorist attack is pretty low. It doesn't bother me.

What does bother me is the shrinking leg room in airplanes.....it is actually painful for me to fly any longer.

Jessica Rain

Advertiser
Joined Aug 12, 2014
Messages 1,234
I have thought about this and there are now places that I will not travel based on the terrorism going on. Thankfully I have traveled most of Europe now, so most of my TDL locations are not targets for attacks at the moment.

Signingin

Joined Jun 9, 2014
Messages 963
I have thought about this and there are now places that I will not travel based on the terrorism going on. Thankfully I have traveled most of Europe now, so most of my TDL locations are not targets for attacks at the moment.

Jess, those nipples need to slowly be caressed.

butlerin

Joined Aug 17, 2021
Messages 3
Of course, all people travel. But young people do it more often, and this is understandable. But unfortunately, there are not enough sites that focus on a young and energetic audience. I have been looking for a long time for such a site, which will collect all the tips and help with the paperwork. And so I think that these things need to share with the rest and help all tourists. If anyone is interested in my story, here is the link: https://18-35.travel/world-nomads-travel-insurance-review/

Last edited:

LTO_3

Joined Dec 19, 2009
Messages 836
Personally I'll wait until the current Covid issue is under much better control. Less worried about terrorists than the current world wide Covid issue. Heck I've waited this long what's a while longer. LOL

LTO_3

About this Discussion

16 Replies

CAERF Community

CAERF is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom