Made with Love

An open letter to Karla Homolka

W

Wanker

Dear Karla:
It’s been a while. You’re back in the news this week in a fairly big way.

What a drag. You’ve been discovered living in sleepy Chateauguay, Quebec with your three kids and hubby.
Bet you didn’t know both Kristen French and Leslie Mahaffy would be celebrating their 40th birthdays this year. Wild, eh? Surrounded by adoring husbands, friends and family they’d hopefully be raising a glass to their sweet lives.

BTW: Your little sister Tammy would have turned 40 in 2015.
This trio of girls — forever teenagers — were robbed of graduations, proms, motherhood, weddings, travel, education and fulfilling careers. And we are the lesser for it.

Instead, nothing. The abyss.
And you? You Karla, got away with it.
Neighbours claim you are “nice”.

Mind, you did seem pretty pissed when reporters started pounding at your door and snapping photos of your cookie-cutter suburban home. So pissed, in fact, you called the cops.
And your hubby? He was indignant. Defiant even.

Hell no, we won’t go.
But here’s the thing: you’ve got kids now and as you might know, kids can be cruel and it’s kind of tough to run from your past.
Why didn’t you just stay in the sunny Caribbean?

The weather’s better and you wouldn’t have the media camped out in your front yard.
Yet, you came back. You always come back.
And you’ve always played your cards like a Vegas veteran.

The average Canadian had you pegged as a monster from day one. Not so the crown prosecutors, Corrections Canada, social workers and your own damn family.

And as for you, the mantra’s always been self-servingly the same: it was Paul, it was Paul.
A criminal psychologist pal of mine once pointed out a very salient fact: Paul Bernardo didn’t kill until he met you.

Even while you were out on bail you were going to Brampton bars and picking up men for sex. The horrors you took part in didn’t seem to cramp your style.

Then there was the soft time you did during your 12-year jolt in jail. In the joint, you preyed on weaker women than you for favours and sex.
But that time wasn’t all fun and sexual games.
You earned a degree and learned to speak French.
Bravo.

The problem for most of us following the “Deal with the Devil” plea bargain that let the Crown throw away the keys for Bernado is that we felt you deserved the same fate.
And now you’re back.

At the end of Paul Bernardo’s trial, Kirk Makin from The Globe and Mail wrote that perhaps your real punishment would be when you walked out of prison.

Makin seemed to believe you would be hounded by the media and your fellow lunatics until the day you were toe-tagged in the morgue. It appears he was right.

I’m certain at this moment you’re distressed at how this attention is affecting your family, and it’s a shame your children have to bear it.
But when you put your blonde tresses on the pillow tonight, give a thought to three other children – Tammy, Kristen and Leslie.

Tough to feel sorry for you.
Sincerely,
Crime Hunter

https://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/23/an-open-letter-to-karla-homolka

C

cristycurves

So in other words you all believe in the death penalty and not forgiving? Which is your right but..... How does anyone determine who to forgive and who to not, who lives and who dies? She did the time she was sentenced to, time for everyone else to move on, imo. If she deserves greater punishment and probably she does, let high powers take care of it. One thing is certain, her three children don't deserve a life sentence, or a hopeless future, hopefully everyone can agree on that.

Madman

Reviewer
Joined Aug 12, 2011
Messages 17,534
cristycurves said:
So in other words you all believe in the death penalty and not forgiving? Which is your right but..... How does anyone determine who to forgive and who to not, who lives and who dies? She did the time she was sentenced to, time for everyone else to move on, imo. If she deserves greater punishment and probably she does, let high powers take care of it. One thing is certain, her three children don't deserve a life sentence, or a hopeless future, hopefully everyone can agree on that.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. She was given her sentence and has not re-offended since. The deaths of the girls was awful and gruesome but further punishment to her will not bring them back but only provide a revenge factor for the public. Bernardo on the other hand will never see the light of day so at least that is a good thing but let's leave Karla alone unless she were to re-offend.

Joined Sep 10, 2015
Messages 1,478
She was treated with kid gloves because she has a vagina.

No one can deny she was treated better than Bernado.

She set up her sister to be raped and killed by Bernado. She also assisted Bernado in getting the girls into the car from the street.

Disgusting.

Joined Sep 10, 2015
Messages 1,478
BTW, she also participated in the rapes and tortures of the two civilian girls.

But, because she has a vagina, the courts gave her 12 years and Bernado life in prison with no parole.

And women still claim they have it hard in society? Right.

Maurice Boscorelli

Joined May 30, 2010
Messages 19,322
cristycurves said:

Madman said:
I wholeheartedly agree with you. She was given her sentence and has not re-offended since. The deaths of the girls was awful and gruesome but further punishment to her will not bring them back but only provide a revenge factor for the public. Bernardo on the other hand will never see the light of day so at least that is a good thing but let's leave Karla alone unless she were to re-offend.

I live very close to where these atrocities were committed and have friends which knew Leslie personally.

These two girls were absolutely Abused and butchered in the most heinous of ways. I can't tell you the fear that our area went through until the two psychopaths were apprehended. I personally didn't let my girlfriend go anywhere alone at night for about a year or so.

And lets not forget the simple fact that Bernardo had been up to doing rapes for years before Karla but it was only after she entered the picture that the killings started. In his trial there was evidence presented that it was her who told Paul to ''get rid of them'' after they were finished with them. At this point they were alive. In Leslie's case she was blindfolded the whole time so there was not any way she could have identified her attackers. But Karla insisted on her being disposed of.

The only reason she is walking around free is because the task force and the prosecutors royally screwed up.

So no I won't forgive and certainly will never forget. If there is a real life ''Dexter'' out there I say sobeit.

C

cristycurves

Forgiving anyone Maurice is a choice, it is your choice and right to or not to.I believe though that burden of hatred will only negatively affect you and those around you, not Karla. Perhaps if those in the task force and prosecutors so royally screwed up, then perhaps do something to bring change there so they won't or can't again. But spewing hatred at her, her family or anyone never accomplishes anything, nor will it help those who were cruelly taken by them both. Also simply because he started killing when she met him doesn't mean he wouldn't have without her. They both are vile, both guilty, equally responsible. The punishment was given. Perhaps addressing the courts, legal council or your city councilors could bring a resolve for some, but vigilantism and hatred won't.

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,614
Karla is a killer and her deal with the Crown was made before the tapes surfaced....................She and Paul killed these young ladies

Only in Canada would she have survived her prison term.

Top Bottom