Made with Love
Venus Toronto

A Japanese Boy Was Left In A Forest By His Parents As Punishment And Now He’s Missing

• Welcome to the new CAERF.
    New management and more commited than ever! Have a look at some of the new features HERE.
    If you experience any issue please let us know in the proper forum.
B

Boing

How do we punish the dumb parents?. How bad have you ever been punished or have punished????????

TOKYO (AP) — A 7-year-old boy is missing in a forest in northern Japan after his parents made him get out of their car as punishment for misbehaving.

About 150 rescue workers searched Monday in a wooded area on Hokkaido, the northernmost of Japan's four main islands. The boy, identified as Yamato Tanooka, has been missing since late Saturday afternoon.

Hokkaido police said the parents initially told authorities that their son had disappeared while they were picking wild vegetables, but then admitted they made him get out of the car and then left him behind "as discipline." Police said the father returned to the site a few minutes later but the boy was gone.

The parents told police that they were punishing the boy for throwing rocks at people and cars while playing at a river earlier in the day, according to Japanese media.

The boy's father said in an interview with public broadcaster NHK and other TV stations that "I regret what I did to my child." He said he initially did not tell police the truth because he found it embarrassing to ask for a massive search for what happened as a result of the punishment.

Kyodo News service said police are determining whether the parents should be charged with child abandonment.

George Costanza

Joined Aug 25, 2011
Messages 998
The father, embarrassed or not should have told the police. That is two screw ups in a row.

No pity for him.

W

Wanker

George Costanza said:
The father, embarrassed or not should have told the police. That is two screw ups in a row.

No pity for him.

He lied to the cops the first time. Hey dad, that is YOUR son!!!

Anto

Joined Jan 11, 2012
Messages 2,472
Drop the father off to Siberia and see how he likes it.

McGuinty

Joined Aug 23, 2010
Messages 2,034
To think I have seen and heard everything there is Damn-Not too smart

Prim0

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Messages 10,859
I don't know how you do that. When my son screws around while we're out shopping and doesn't want to follow along I might go to the end of the aisle and "hide" around the corner. He's never out of my sight but I do want him to appreciate that being on his own is scary and no fun and he should pay attention to where we are and what we are doing.

My son's been almost out of control lately. We've tried spanking, time-outs, taking away toys or activities, talking things through, etc. I think the problem is that he is very stubborn and very smart. At times I admire his ability to take punishments but I wish I could get through to him to see why his actions are bad (sometimes dangerous) and how we just want him to have a good life and avoid certain troubles.

U

User-E

Japanese missing boy Yamato Tanooka found alive in Hokkaido

... shortly before 08:00 on Friday morning (23:00 GMT on Thursday) he was found inside a building at the SDF base about 4km (2.5 miles) from where he was left.

"One of our soldiers was preparing for drills this morning and opened the door of a building on the base, and there he was," an SDF member told NHK.

"When he asked 'are you Yamato?' the boy said, 'Yes'. Then he said he was hungry, so the soldier gave him some water, bread and rice balls."

It appears rescuers came tantalisingly close to finding him four days ago. The SDF said the base had been searched on Monday but no trace was seen of the boy, who says he reached the hut on Saturday.

The soldier who found him was not part of the search team.

NHK said Yamato had told rescuers he "walked through the mountains" until he found the shelter.

He was taken to hospital by a medical helicopter. A doctor later said he was in very good condition, despite only having had water during his six-day ordeal.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36441612

E

ERecTile

Whew, that is good news indeed! Thanks for updating us!

B

Boing

Japanese missing boy Yamato Tanooka found alive in Hokkaido

... shortly before 08:00 on Friday morning (23:00 GMT on Thursday) he was found inside a building at the SDF base about 4km (2.5 miles) from where he was left.

"One of our soldiers was preparing for drills this morning and opened the door of a building on the base, and there he was," an SDF member told NHK.

"When he asked 'are you Yamato?' the boy said, 'Yes'. Then he said he was hungry, so the soldier gave him some water, bread and rice balls."

It appears rescuers came tantalisingly close to finding him four days ago. The SDF said the base had been searched on Monday but no trace was seen of the boy, who says he reached the hut on Saturday.

The soldier who found him was not part of the search team.

NHK said Yamato had told rescuers he "walked through the mountains" until he found the shelter.

He was taken to hospital by a medical helicopter. A doctor later said he was in very good condition, despite only having had water during his six-day ordeal.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36441612

About this Discussion

8 Replies

CAERF Community

CAERF is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom