Made with Love

73 TTC employees fired so far in ongoing benefits fraud scandal

Blank_Dave

Reviewer
Joined Jan 6, 2010
Messages 1,780
50cents said:

Yes, Manulife Financial and their customer base.

Now I know someone will complain it's the tax payers, and the union should lose their benefits and be kicked in the balls. But answer me this, why should all the employees be punished for the actions of, relatively, few? These benefits were negotiated between the employer and employees. Remember, it could have been cold hard cash they recieved, rather both parties chose benefits.

Again, there will be some that will say the union blackmailed the TTC. I will simply ask how? Union can strike, sure. The TCC can lock out.

Personally, I am quite pleased to see all parties being involved in rooting out the rotten apples. And yes, the union is still expected to stand by and represent those members...That is what they are there fore.

oldguyzer

Reviewer
Joined Jun 19, 2011
Messages 15,066
Fraud will continue no matter which organization or which insurer. As long as there are unscrupulous people in the world, you'll have them taking advantage. The best outcome is to expose the fraud, fire the cheaters, and move on.

Blank_Dave

Reviewer
Joined Jan 6, 2010
Messages 1,780
peace said:
Maybe I am naive, why would they be punished if they are entitled to those benefits as agreed between the union and employer?

Basically the company and employees were filing for services that were not rendered. So they were being reembursed for orthotics that they neither received nor paid for.

peace

Reviewer
Joined Dec 23, 2010
Messages 29,067
Blank_Dave said:
Basically the company and employees were filing for services that were not rendered. So they were being reembursed for orthotics that they neither received nor paid for.

Thanks Dave. Now I understand. Shouldnt the company be penalized as well? SO TTC is only after its employees or taking on both? The insurer?

Blank_Dave

Reviewer
Joined Jan 6, 2010
Messages 1,780
peace said:
Thanks Dave. Now I understand. Shouldnt the company be penalized as well? SO TTC is only after its employees or taking on both? The insurer?

If you go back and read the article, Health Fit, the company providing the false serves, has been criminally charged. So the TTC doesn't have to deal with them. So the TTC, and the police, still have to investigate the employees. Separate investigations BTW, as they have different standards to meet to take action on their part.

Then of course the insurance company may seek legal action as well.

peace

Reviewer
Joined Dec 23, 2010
Messages 29,067
Blank_Dave said:
If you go back and read the article, Health Fit, the company providing the false serves, has been criminally charged. So the TTC doesn't have to deal with them. So the TTC, and the police, still have to investigate the employees. Separate investigations BTW, as they have different standards to meet to take action on their part.

Then of course the insurance company may seek legal action as well.
Thanks Dave,

About this Discussion

9 Replies

HUBGFE Community

HUBGFE is an all purpose Canadian adult community offering advertisers, reviews, and lots of adult fun. The site includes Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing
Top Bottom