Made with Love

4 Surprising Things You Learn After Considering Suicide

F

Fuggedabouditt

There seems to be a stigma attached to those who have considered suicide. I'd like to take a stand here and admit that yes, I've considered it more than once, and even came very close once as a child. If I'd been older, or braver, or less afraid of pain, or had a quick painless option available to me back then, it's very likely I would not be here now typing this on my phone.

When the world is against you, and your problems seem insurmountable, taking one's life can seem like such an EASY solution to everything. And the more you think about it, the more reasonable and logical it sounds, and the temptation to take the easy way out becomes stronger and stronger. Take note. This is a warning sign, and if you ever feel your thoughts traveling down this path, seek help fast. Talk to someone who you can vent to, and who can give yout honest advice. It's never too late until you take that last final step.

Erectile, thank for the bravery in admitting that. As you will probably guess from my comments, I too have considered and also had two failed attempts. The other side of failed attempts is "Fuck, i can't even do that right.". I'm very open with those who are close to me about the details. The medication keeps me "balanced". I seem to find myself in situations that are extremely complicated and stressful. I'm to blame for most of this and quickly drop them, but there is a root cause to all of this that I've yet to conquer.

I'm a recovering substance abuser of 20 years. I figure if I can conquer that, I can conquer mental health.

LarryB

Joined Jan 21, 2014
Messages 792
I have also have those thoughts. Somehow taking care of the less fortunate has kept me going.

My objective in life for the last few years has been to help those in need, that's all.

papasmerf

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Messages 33,614
I have also have those thoughts. Somehow taking care of the less fortunate has kept me going.

My objective in life for the last few years has been to help those in need, that's all.

Larry,

In helping others we help ourselves.

The true meaning of life is: We are here for each other.
It is in this we discover our own meaning.

C

cristycurves

There seems to be a stigma attached to those who have considered suicide. I'd like to take a stand here and admit that yes, I've considered it more than once, and even came very close once as a child. If I'd been older, or braver, or less afraid of pain, or had a quick painless option available to me back then, it's very likely I would not be here now typing this on my phone.

When the world is against you, and your problems seem insurmountable, taking one's life can seem like such an EASY solution to everything. And the more you think about it, the more reasonable and logical it sounds, and the temptation to take the easy way out becomes stronger and stronger. Take note. This is a warning sign, and if you ever feel your thoughts traveling down this path, seek help fast. Talk to someone who you can vent to, and who can give yout honest advice. It's never too late until you take that last final step.

Thank you Erectile,:BigHug: all who openly admit such challenge should be acknowledged for their courage to come forward. Hearing stories like yours will ultimately help someone. Through another's struggle we learn.
What is most sad however, is that there will also be those sad souls who'll use your struggle against you, I say this in reference to your comment about stigma. Some think that those who struggle with life, or who have mental issues, or both, are somehow "less than" human beings, or flawed. Which is not the case, and most don't realize that more than not, suffer, and suffer in silence. We should all want to make it easier for anyone to come forward when they're having any issue. Part of the reason I like discussion forums like HUBGFE, they go beyond the "sex" stuff and delve into many topics, which too can help many.

F

Fuggedabouditt

Thank you Erectile,:BigHug: all who openly admit such challenge should be acknowledged for their courage to come forward. Hearing stories like yours will ultimately help someone. Through another's struggle we learn.
What is most sad however, is that there will also be those sad souls who'll use your struggle against you, I say this in reference to your comment about stigma. Some think that those who struggle with life, or who have mental issues, or both, are somehow "less than" human beings, or flawed. Which is not the case, and most don't realize that more than not, suffer, and suffer in silence. We should all want to make it easier for anyone to come forward when their having any issue. Part of the reason I like discussion forums like HUBGFE, they go beyond the "sex" stuff and delve into many topics, which too can help many.

I believe that a majority of us who are active in the sex trade, have issues that we are challenged by on a daily basis, hence seeing someone that shows us affection and physical emotion. Or for some SW's, the need to feel wanted and validated in some way.

E

ERecTile

In a very real way, seeing a SP saved me from a dark path. I was so shy in my younger years. The fear and self loathing that I thought I had conquered as a teenager came back to my in my twenties when I could not wrack up the courage to ask any women out. The mystery of sex was overwhelming to me. Thank goodness a SP in Montreal finally punched my v card!

U

User-E

Many sex workers function as therapists for their clients. Helping people feel better about themselves and enhancing the quality of their lives through my services is one the most fulfilling parts of my career, and in return, a lot of my own physical, mental and emotional needs have been met along the way.

F

Fuggedabouditt

In a very real way, seeing a SP saved me from a dark path. I was so shy in my younger years. The fear and self loathing that I thought I had conquered as a teenager came back to my in my twenties when I could not wrack up the courage to ask any women out. The mystery of sex was overwhelming to me. Thank goodness a SP in Montreal finally punched my v card!

Many sex workers function as therapists for their clients. Helping people feel better about themselves and enhancing the quality of their lives through my services is one the most fulfilling parts of my career, and in return, a lot of my own physical, mental and emotional needs have been met along the way.

I can be extremely socially awkward. The life of the party at times. The quiet and reserved person the other times, you wouldn't even know I was there.

As someone who has to speak in front of executives as my clients, I don't have stage fright. Ask me to approach a lady to make conversation I can do this with no issue, add the agenda of asking her out for a date and I lock up. The manager of the clothing store I get suits and shirts from is quite fetching and friendly, even age appropriate. I specifically went there one day when I knew she was on shift. I bought a suit and spent some time with her during alterations. When I started making small talk and leading up to the "Hey, did you want to grab a drink or lunch sometime?", I froze. This is why walking in to a condo with the initial intro's via text or phone call by the booker and being immediately intimate with someone within minutes is easier. This is why I tend to stay with regulars.

U

User-E

I can be extremely socially awkward. The life of the party at times. The quiet and reserved person the other times, you wouldn't even know I was there.

As someone who has to speak in front of executives as my clients, I don't have stage fright. Ask me to approach a lady to make conversation I can do this with no issue, add the agenda of asking her out for a date and I lock up. The manager of the clothing store I get suits and shirts from is quite fetching and friendly, even age appropriate. I specifically went there one day when I knew she was on shift. I bought a suit and spent some time with her during alterations. When I started making small talk and leading up to the "Hey, did you want to grab a drink or lunch sometime?", I froze. This is why walking in to a condo with the initial intro's via text or phone call by the booker and being immediately intimate with someone within minutes is easier. This is why I tend to stay with regulars.

While she was measuring your inseam would have been the perfect time to ask her out. :wink2:

You and I have a lot in common. Hmmmmmm

F

Fuggedabouditt

While she was measuring your inseam would have been the perfect time to ask her out. :wink2:

You and I have a lot in common. Hmmmmmm

Hahaha. These days, most tailors seem to ask you to hold the top part of the measuring tape, but I'll try that next time but they have my measurements, all I really have to do is call or show up and alterations will be done when I show up.

We would have to take turns on who the introvert is, otherwise it'd be pretty boring LOL.

U

User-E

Hahaha. These days, most tailors seem to ask you to hold the top part of the measuring tape, but I'll try that next time but they have my measurements, all I really have to do is call or show up and alterations will be done when I show up.

We would have to take turns on who the introvert is, otherwise it'd be pretty boring LOL.

I have a lot in common with Dave too, and have communicated with him privately about it over the years.

As soon as I was born, I wanted to die, but wasn't diagnosed with clinical depression (due to chemical imbalances in my brain) until I was in my 20's. My earliest memories as a child were of wishing I was dead.

I was on and off various medications for about 20 years, but haven't taken any prescription drugs for more than 15 years. I have a more holistic approach to dealing with depression now, and my work, and the research I've done for my work, has also helped immensely.

Top Bottom